Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My Pet Peeves


1.Joe Buck: In my opinion there is nothing worse than trying to watch 
your favorite sports team play while it is being announced
 by Joe Buck. His voice alone makes me mute my TV, which
 I have done multiple times. Even worse he constantly regurgitates whatever is said by the other announcer in his press box
with his own unintelligent spin. My advice to you is next
time Joe Buck is announcing a televised sports game that you are watching, mute him.

2.      The excessive use of ‘like’: One time or another we have
stumbled across someone who has had this issue. The person
is trying to explain a situation and it seems as if instead of pausing
where a space would be they decide to say the word like. Or they try
 to create an argument by rambling on with examples constantly using like to start another idea. It’s annoying.

3.      Obnoxious gum chewers: Another bad habit that many people have that annoys me. My ears want to bleed when I hear someone chewing gum with their mouths open. It makes a clicking noise that to me is like nails on a chalk board. Also, it is annoying when people are talking to you and they are chewing gum at the same time  because I find it hard to concentrate on what the person is saying when you can hear them chewing their gum.



4.      Game Cancelations: Being a baseball player I have traveled for many away games. It is irritating when you drive an hour or so to a game only to realize half way there Mother Nature wants to let a few inches of rain loose. Even worse than that…when you show up to a field after a storm a few days prior and the home team has made no effort to make the field playable for a game, and instead of calling ahead and telling the team that the field isn’t playable they wait to tell you in person..

5.      Pugs: Ironically one of my pet peeves is actually about a pet.
 Not to be offensive but I find pugs to just be an ugly dog. Their
small curly tail reminds me of a pig and their squished nose
doesn’t look anything like all the other dogs, which bothers me.
Also, the first time I came face to face with a pug it peed on me.
Not a very good first impression for the breed.


6.      Those who dislike Baseball: I am a very avid baseball player and I love the game. It really annoys me when people who don’t understand the concept of baseball can say, “It’s boring”. It really isn’t boring if you know what you are watching. I respect all other sports so I would appreciate it if everyone showed the same respect towards baseball.

7.      People who are never wrong: I can’t stand when I’m in the middle of an argument with someone who believes they are never wrong and will not relent until you say they are right. I’m not easily swayed to admitting the other person is right when I am 100% sure I am right. With that considered I have nearly ruined many friendships over a stupid argument about a sports statistic or something of the like because the other person felt they knew the right answer… I have no issue with people sharing their open but after a while they need to learn the argument will never end

1 comment: